We are a boutique interior design firm and in search of a part-time or potentially full-time design assistant. Ideally, we prefer students working towards a degree in interior design or a recent interior design or architecture graduate. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the design business and be part of a great team!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have familiarity with the interior design industry (or at least some experience with a design or architecture firm preferably)
- Act as liaison between designers and clients, vendors, contractors, etc., keeping updated contact lists for Principal and the general office
- Assist Principal with assembling and posting/submitting PR materials
- Organize and maintain the materials library
- Organize and maintain client files
- Place and follow-up on client orders
- Researching and returning samples
- Various errands as needed
- Have familiarity with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator & Sketch-up, Studio Webware & the Microsoft office suite
- Car and valid CA driver’s license
- Prior office experience is a plus
Client discretion and diplomacy are an absolute necessity. If you meet the above requirements we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter by replying to this post: firstname.lastname@example.org.